Essential Leadership Skills for the Workplace
Time and energy management, productivity, communication, problem-solving, conflict management, and collaboration skills are more important in determining success and satisfaction among similarly trained colleagues than academic knowledge or technical skills.
Without these crucial behavioural skills, we are unable to fully leverage our education, talent, and experience in a sustainable manner. It is amazing what happens when you do!
“For the first time in a long time I feel excited about the future.”
During Intentional Focus you will learn and develop these essential skills and behaviours. You will also increase your energy, emotional happiness, mental focus, and sense of meaning and purpose in life. And you will have fun doing it!
You will also be encouraged and supported during Intentional Focus to take on a challenge that will change your perspective of what you are capable of, and you will test behaviour which will lay the foundation for your continued success.
Research in education and brain-based learning theory indicates that experiential education is the most effective method for accelerating meaningful behavioural change and skill development. When we learn through experience, inquiry, critical thinking, and interaction, our insight is more likely to lead to perspective shifts that will change our behaviour in a meaningful and lasting manner
You will attend seven full-day group sessions from 8:45 am to 4 pm, and you will test new behavior in between sessions. Lunch is on your own from approximately 12-1 pm.
Productivity and Wellness
- identify patterns of behaviour and blind spots which reduce capacity for high performance and sustainable productivity
- learn strategies to overcome procrastination, improve time management and ability to manage distractions
- identify strategies to increase wellness and manage stress
- learn how to increase your physical energy, emotional happiness, mental focus and sense of meaning and purpose in your life
Collaboration and Conflict Management
- learn to reduce assumptions and increase understanding when trust has broken down
- learn the process and skills to resolve and prevent conflict
- learn the key skills to shift from conflict to collaboration
- learn how to communicate so others will listen
- manage electronic communication efficiently
- effectively give and receive feedback
- improve collaboration and problem-solving skills
Registration Fee is $1695 plus hst and includes all materials and a light morning and afternoon snack. Enrolment is limited, so register soon. This is a small group program.
Registration is assured upon payment.
If you are an employee, owner or manager of a private-sector business, you may be eligible for program funding. You can find more information HERE
This work-related training is covered by most public and private sector training and development funds. Employers recognize the work-related value of Intentional Focus and often financially support their employees to attend.
PLEASE NOTE: VAX PASS WILL BE REQUIRED UPON REGISTRATION
Thursday, January 20, 2022 (storm date Jan 27)
Monday, February 14, 2022 (storm date Feb 15)
Wednesday, March 30, 2022 (storm date March 31)
Thursday, April 28, 2022
Thursday, May 26, 2022
Thursday, June 23, 2022
Thursday, September 15, 2022
- Email Karolyn at email@example.com to reserve your seat. Limited enrolment.